I’ve been an ad reader for Uncanny Magazine Podcast since its inception in 2014. In 2015, I also took on reading stories and poems, bringing fiction to life for this monthly podcast.
- Episode 6A – “Find a Way Home” by Paul Cornell
- Episode 7A – “The Thirteenth Child” by Mari Ness
- Episode 7B – “Aboard the Transport Tesoro” by Lisa M. Bradley
- Episode 8A – “Lotus Face and the Fox” by Nghi Vo
- Episode 8B – “Narrative of the Naga’s Heirs” by Bryan Thao Worra
- Episode 9A – “Foxgirl Cycle Song: 1” by C. S. E. Cooney
- Episode 9B – “The Book of Forgetting” by Jennifer Crow
- Episode 10A – “Deeper Than Pie” by Beth Cato
- Bank Teller in Episode 1.2 O Canada
- Jessica St. Hutchinson in Episode 1.3 French-ish
- Bettie/Commander Jetpack in Episode 1.7 Live & Let’s Spy
- Jasmine, a “Tinynaut” in Episode 1.11 The Adventures of Timmy Preston in Farfutureland
I have two microphones that each provide subtly different sound quality:
- Blue Yeti (on a boom arm with a pop filter) – Condenser USB mic that provides excellent sound quality with a hint of ambient room noise. Feels slightly more “live”.
- Audio-Technica ATR2100 (on a boom arm with a windscreen/pop filter) – Dynamic USB/XLR mic that provides great, “close” sound for a more intimate feel.