Technical Writing — Proofreading & Editing — Essays & Published Works
With over 10 years’ experience technical writing, I’ve had a long and varied career in which I did the following:
- Created new documentation of internal programs and systems for CapTel
- Worked as a writer for some of the most technical components of the EHR software at Epic
- Owned and edited several thousand QA documents at Promega
- Documented internal processes and programs for Katz Group
Proofreading and Editing
When it comes to the written word, my true passion lies in taking a document and making it perfect. My superpower is my ability to swiftly ferret out poorly-phrased sentences, grammatical errors, typos, and formatting errors. I love working within the boundaries of a specific set of rules, and I excel at absorbing internal style guides to ensure documents meet required criteria.
I regularly do proofing for Uncanny Magazine, as well as proofing and copyediting for independent clients.
Essays / Published Works
I occasionally write essays for books and magazines. Please contact me for rates and availability for prose work.
- SF Signal – “MIND MELD: Where Would You Take the T.A.R.D.I.S.?”
- SF Signal – “MIND MELD: Comic Book Characters Who Deserve Reboots”
- the little red umbrella – “The Great Canadian Doctor Who Roundtable: Season 8”
- Companion Piece – Women Celebrate the Humans, Aliens and Tin Dogs of Doctor Who – “We, Robots”
- Flying Higher: An Anthology of Superhero Poetry – “Alias”
- Outside In 2: 125 Unique Perspectives on 125 Modern Doctor Who Stories by 125 Writers – “With this ring…”
- You and Who: Contact Has Been Made Volume Two – “Hide”
For more examples of my non-technical writing style, visit my personal blog.